Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 1: Treesaster




"Ok, ok, just breathe, what did I get myself into," I thought. I was about ready to scrap all the cereal treats I made today because my 3D freestanding "palm tree" looked more like a brown stump with green goop on top. Then, my roommate said, "you just have to do something else with it." That's easy to say, when all my hopes seemed to have disappeared. Then I realized, instead of trashing the treats, I needed to trash all my high expectations and try a different approach. I needed to learn and quitting wasn't going to help. I didn't quite get what I had originally wanted, but I'm glad to say I'm proud to have this be my first piece titled "Follicking Bears on Palm Tree Isalnd."

Hopefully, after I get the hang of things, each cereal treat sculpture will look better and better.
~The Cerealist Sculptor

3 comments:

  1. hey, I think this is cool! not trashy at all.
    it looks really cute to me ^^ I like the way you use M&Ms as coconuts hanging on the tree and waves. do you eat your cereal treats afterwards?

    ReplyDelete